Providing energy solutions for the future
TEL: 01372 587 500
- About Us
- AV Calculator
- Contact Us
GAS - Emergency service 0800 111 999
If you suspect a gas leak or damage to a gas pipe:
• Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 or if you are deaf or hearing impaired and have a Minicom or Textphone you can use it to call the gas emergency service, the number is 0800 371 787.
• Turn off the emergency control valve at the meter, unless the meter is located in a cellar or basement, in which case do not enter the cellar or basement.
• Extinguish all naked flames (and do not smoke).
• Open doors and windows for ventilation.
• Do NOT operate any electrical switches ON or OFF. This includes any electrical security entry locks. The door must be opened manually when the engineer arrives.
• Evacuate the building and wait for the emergency services to attend.
ELECTRICITY - Emergency number: 105
We aim to provide a safe and reliable electricity supply but unfortunately faults can occur which cause interruptions to our customers' electricity supply.
In these circumstances, to report the loss of your electricity supply to us or any concern about the safety of the meter, or of our electricity underground cables, at any time of the day or night, please telephone 105.
Our advice if you lose supply:
First, check whether your neighbours have also lost their supply.
If your neighbours don't have power, call the emergency line 105.
If your neighbours DO have power:
• Check your trip switch, if the trip switch is still on call the emergency number.
• If the trip switch is off, switch it back on.
• If it switches back off, one of your appliances may be faulty so unplug all appliances and then reset the trip switch.
• If only part of your supply has failed and the trip won't reset there may be a fault with your internal wiring. Please contact a registered electrician: https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/find-an-electrician/.
• Check your electricity meter. Is the dial/display working? If not call the emergency number.
More information and guidance on what to do during a power outage can be found here.
'However large or small the project, safety is always our priority' - Stuart Williams, Operations Director
Copyright © 2017 ESP Utilities Group Ltd. All rights reserved.