About Us & What We Do
ES Pipelines is the UK's market leader in extending the national gas network to homes and communities which have previously been unable to benefit from the nation's favourite source of home energy.
- We connect urban pockets surrounded by gas mains where homes were originally designed to be heated by a different fuel.
- Where possible we also connect rural areas located some distance from gas mains.
- We also work with UIPs to make gas available to New Housing Developments.
ESP Electricity develops and operates electricity networks, primarily for new build developments and the industrial & commercial market. It was established in 2003 and was the first Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) to be awarded an electricity distribution licence in the newly deregulated market.
For more information about ESP Utilities Group and the work we do, you can view our brochure.
Although ES Pipelines and ESP Electricity adopt gas and electricity assets around the country, we do not build the assets ourselves. Instead we adopt them post-construction from GIRS and NERS accredited companies, lists of which can be found here:
Gas: GIRS accredited companies
Electricity: NERS accredited companies
An important part of our business is how we manage our key asset groups. These include our gas pipework and electricity cable infrastructures, gas metering equipment, gas pressure regulating equipment, electricity substations and LV Link Boxes.
We achieve this by means of our Asset Management System, which is certified to the ISO 55001:2014(E) standard, and which, in addition to the Strategic Objectives defined in our Asset Management Policy, aims to:
- ensure that our key asset groups are managed in such a way as to minimise the risk to our customers, the end users of our customers and the general public
- recognise our obligations to meet with relevant legislative requirements. These requirements will be the minimum standards we shall strive to achieve
- maintain the uninterrupted distribution of gas and electricity to the premises of the end users of our customers at all times and, where interruption is unavoidable, to minimise its duration and disruption.
You can download a copy of our Asset Management Policy document here.
Nick Clark, Development Director